Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Hijack


So here it is... My sweet friend has taken over. And isn't that what good friends do when it's just more than this "Steel Magnolia" can take? Read on for a glimpse into my life these past six weeks...

Hello, I am hijacking Bevy’s blog because I miss reading it as much as you do. I am her BFF, also named Beverly (yea, we know). Beverly and I are different in many ways – she is sweet and awesome, and speaks nicely all.of.the.time. I am snarky; talk like a sailor, and pretty much like to buck my fine southern upbringing. Actually we make a great team, and I just wanted to for warn you, because I am writing this and not Bevy.

As some of you may know, Bevy’s life had been turned upside down this summer. (a total s&^% storm!) I know she posted about her father-in-law’s brain cancer in early June. Unfortunately, that was just the beginning.

Her boys' biological father unexpectedly passed away in August. He was buried with a full military service, and I know that the boys had to be impressed and proud. It was a very nice service. I know, as I was there. S wanted his oldest friend, my son Michael, to be there with him.

A month later her father-in-law passed away from brain cancer. Bevy of course was super-girl taking care of Mike, the boys, and their losses. (She is really good at that, by the way!). But then to add to the tragedy, on their way home from the funeral, Bevy’s mother, father, grandmother and the boys were involved in a horrible car accident. She lost her grandmother, and her parents were both hurt badly; her mother the worst. The boys - by the Grace of God - were just bumped and cut up.

I made it down to Muz’s (Bevy’s grandmother, we all called her Muz- she was that kind of grandmother) funeral along with many other college friends. (The cross in the picture is from two of these dear college girls...) It was beautiful, as Muz was the perfect southern lady. She would have been very impressed with the visitation and reception, ham biscuits, finger sandwiches, cheese biscuits, and punch on one of those big pretty cut glass punch bowls. To be honest I kept looking for her there because it was an event she would not have missed. Her service was lovely. Bevy’s uncle, an Episcopal priest, gave the most wonderful homily, as did the Bishop. It really was a special day for a special lady.

Bevy’s parents are both home now and I know it will be a long road to recovery both mentally and physically for both of them. She has been back and forth helping with everything along with her sweet sister.

I know there are many more challenges they will all face, but they are one of the closest and most faithful families I have ever known.

Please keep them all in your prayers, and hopefully Bevy will get back to blogging soon, or I will have to guest write again. And I can assure you I am not nearly as uplifting and spiritual as she is.

Have a wonderful week and hug all the ones you love!!
Beverly – the other one.

16 comments:

  1. Hi to both Beverlys! We have missed our Bevy. I saw some of what was going on via FB, but was unable to put all the pieces together until now. My deepest sympathies to you and your family, for all your losses. Just awful. You are due for some good karma, my friend. Take your time and we're here when you feel like blogging. XOXO
    www.shopaholicinalabama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Beverly!! I like you already!! I, too, am snarky.:) I love love Bevy, too, & I was JUST THINKING about her blog & how much I miss it! Thank you for updating us on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOD Bless you! Thank you God your boys are OK. Praying for you1

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet of you Beverly.. I miss you both and pray for continual healing for her family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Beverly. Bevy is an amazing person and we all look forward to her posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear sweet Bevy. I am so very sorry for your losses. As I was reading I thought... this could not all happen to one family. It is too much. My heart aches for your pain and loss and for your boys as well. It is so much for them so see and experience in such a short time. I am beginning a prayer storm for you. I will pray every day for your family. I will pray for strength and for understanding from the Lord. I am here if you ever want to talk. E-mail me and we can chat. I am a good listener.

    You now my background...(family counseling)...I hope you can find someone for your boys to talk to (a professional that works with kids) about all the loss they have experienced. It is really crucial...even if they "seem" to be coping well. Kids cannot process things like we do and they need to get it out in other ways. And often they seem fine but it all comes out in about a years time if they have not really processed it.

    All my love and prayers friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell Bevy her and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. Why do bad things happen to good people? I can understand how this is all too much to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Beverly2, for filling us in on the past months. I am so grateful that Bevy's parents and precious boys survived the accident, but I am so sorry for all their losses. Please know that I am keeping you all in my prayers. Much love to my first blog friend and South Carolina sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew bits and pieces but never the whole picture. Thanks to Beverly, the BFF, for filling in the blanks. And to Beverly, Mike and the boys...please know that you have oodles of love, support and prayers from your friends in the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for letting us know what Bevy has been going through. I have missed her blogging and wondered how she was.

    Please send her my love and let her know that my thoughts and prayers are with her. I really miss keeping up with her life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea ALL of this happened. Like Bama girl I had bits and pieces. Always praying for my girl and Bevy#2 thanks for keeping us in the loop
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very sorry Beverly, my heart breaks for all of you. You will be in my prayers.


    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been thinking about you and praying for all of you for a while now. So happy to hear from you sweet friend. You really are blessed to have such a wonderful friend to step in for you when in need.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my dear sweet Bevy, I had no idea. I thought you had grown tired of us and had just taken a break. Please accept my belated condolences for your father-in-law and your beloved granny, I am so very sorry to hear about all of this.
    Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, as they always are. I am relieved to hear that your parents are back home and that the boys are okay.
    xoxo
    (What a sweet blessing it is when we happen to have someone as wonderful as Beverly (#2) in our lives as a true friend! You are both very lucky!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am deeply saddened by all this news. I've been a little out of the loop myself, but didn't expect to read this. Cancer sucks alerted me- I'm glad she did, so I can add you and your family to my prayer list. .....and Beverly #2 we all hope to have a friend like you, thanks for being there for bevy. The cross is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could not believe how much your family has gone through since you last posted. I assumed you were busy with your FIL.

    I have SC roots, boys about your boys age and read, but have not posted on your blog before.

    You have been through to much the last few months. Please know that I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments... They make my day just that more Golden!