Tuesday, May 24, 2011

If the Rug Fits

MWF ISO a rug that fits!

Please help me out here. For the past four years, I have been aching for an oriental rug for the foyer. Our beautiful, yet naked foyer... Sigh. This anniversary, Mike has offered one as an anniversary gift! Mouth drops! Whoo Hoo! Score!

The only problem is that our foyer has odd dimensions: 12' x 7'8". Very difficult to find a rug that would appear to work. However, I'm thinking that an 8' x 5' just might. Today, I lay the few newspapers we had and beach towels down in said dimensions to get a feel. I think I'm ok with it, but need some more feedback. The picture is taken from the living room where you can see the edge of the rug in there.

What do you think? Could it work?


Thanks for your expertise and thoughts!


6 comments:

  1. i think the size is good! Unfortunately, i think that may be hard size to find, but I could be wrong...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! happy anniversary.

    size looks great. good luck picking out a rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that size would be good; I like a lot of margin, especially when the wood floor is good-looking. Keep in mind that if you plan to buy an older rug, the dimensions are seldom in perfect inches and feet increments. I have one that is almost six inches narrower at one end than at the other, but I just put the narrow end under the sofa because I love the rug. I've bought a couple of rugs from dealers, but I've had great success with eBay, too. Ebay makes it verrrry easy to search by dimension, too. Have fun looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy shopping...I think you have found your size! It looks great and you have such a beautiful foyer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the size looks great!!! Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous anniversary gift! The size works well and will make for such a lovely entry.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments... They make my day just that more Golden!